Michael Wiese, MD is a co-founder of Orthopedics East and has been practicing orthopedic surgery for over 20 years. Dr. Wiese is one of the only physicians in CNY to have mastered the latest techniques in hip arthroscopy. He is also proficient in arthroscopy of the shoulder and knee along with a wide variety of general orthopedic surgical procedures including fracture care and total knee arthroplasty. He is a certified member of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and an affiliate of the Onondaga County Medical Association. Dr. Wiese is currently an orthopedic consultant to LeMoyne College and Jamesville-DeWitt Schools. His professional interests revolve around the surgical and medical treatment of athletic injuries and general orthopedic surgery.
- Bachlor of Science: College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
- Medical Degree: Georgetown University Medical School, Washington D.C.
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery: St. Luke's/Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY
- Internship in General Surgery: Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Total Knee Replacement
- Orthopedic Trauma Surgery